- sec is a EventStoreDB v20.10+ client library for Scala.
- sec is purely functional, non-blocking, and provides a tagless-final API.
- sec embraces the Scala Code of Conduct.
To use sec in an existing sbt project with Scala 2.13 or a later version,
add the following to your
In order to use sec effectively you need some prerequisites:
- It is assumed you are comfortable with EventStoreDB.
- It is assumed you are comfortable with cats, cats-effect, and fs2.
If you feel not having the necessary prerequisites, the linked websites have many learning resources.
In the following sections you will learn about:
- Basics about types and API used for interacting with EventStoreDB.
- Using the Streams API for writing data, reading data, subscribing to streams, deleting data. Moreover, you will also learn about manipulating metadata.
- Connecting to a single node or a cluster.
- Various configuration for connections, retries and authentication.
sec is licensed under Apache 2.0.